As visitors to the 2015 venice art biennale enter the japan pavilion the key in hand by chiharu shiota infills the building intertwining entrants within a maze of vibrantly colored yarn. Chiharu shiota the key in the hand hitoshi nakano curator kanagawa arts foundation berlin resident artist chiharu shiota creates large scale installations by stretching yarn across the exhibition space and produces works out of materials that are filled with memories and traces of everyday life such as dresses beds shoes and suitcases. The 2015 venice art biennale is home to chiharu shiotas the key in the hand an elaborate entanglement of red wool and keys that dangle above two ancient looking boats living within the biennales japan pavilion the installation nearly blocks out the ceiling with its mass of crossing strings and includes a collection of more than 50000 keys
How it works:
1. Register a Free 1 month Trial Account.
2. Download as many books as you like ( Personal use )
3. No Commitment. Cancel anytime.
4. Join Over 100.000 Happy Readers.
5. That's it. What you waiting for? Sign Up and Get Your Books.